FORUMS: list search recent posts

TVlogic 24" HD-Displays

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Thomsen
TVlogic 24" HD-Displays
on Oct 15, 2008 at 5:53:17 pm

Hello!

I soon want to buy a TVlogic 24" HD-SDI-Monitor.

I actually have some problems with the different models, TVlogic offers.

May anyone explain me shortly the difference between the following models:

LVM-241WL
LVM-241WD
LQM-241WL
LQM-241WD

I want to use the monitor for postpro and events.

Greetings Chris

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Del Holford
Re: TVlogic 24" HD-Displays
on Oct 16, 2008 at 5:24:48 pm

I would go to their website and click on each model. The spec sheets tell you what each one has and this would tell you the differences between them. If you don't understand the differences you might need to consult someone like Bob Zelin who gets paid to help people who need to know. Sometimes he even does it for free on the Cow.

Del
fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS3
Charlotte Public Television
del underscore edits at wtvi dot org

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Oct 17, 2008 at 4:46:12 pm

how can you be willing to spend $8000 for a single monitor, and not call the company, and ask for a demo. I would never consider spending $8000 for a monitor, and base it on my stupid advice - I would want to see it for myself. Believe me, they will be thrilled to talk to you and inform you of the differences. And then you can come back and say "should I buy a TV Logic, or a Cine Tal".

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Chris Thomsen
on Oct 17, 2008 at 7:07:00 pm

I have big problems to find a dealer near to me. :(

I will definitiv NOT buy a monitor for about 8000 Bucks, when i`ve not seen the picture.

The model-differences are not exactly explained on their webside, because of that i asked in this thread.

Sorry for my bad/ worse english- i am from germany.

Greetings Chris

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Bob Zelin
on Oct 17, 2008 at 7:17:09 pm

If $8000 US is too much money for you (it's too much money for almost anyone in the US!), I urge you to look at the Panasonic BT-LH2600W and the JVC DT-24 series LCD HD monitors. They are half this price (between $3500 and $4000 US), and these are currently the most popular broadcast LCD HD monitors in use at post facilities in the US. IF this is still too much money, Plasma screens cost a LOT less money.

Bob Zelin

ps - I am always amazed, and humbled when people from Europe and Asia apologize for their bad english. Most people in the US cannot speak a word of any second language - certainly not on a technical forum. Your english is excellent.

Return to posts index

Chris Thomsen
on Oct 17, 2008 at 7:43:57 pm

Thank you.

It`s not too much, because i want excellent quality for money. I heard, that the JVC has a very small anglerange for viewing the color. I don`t want to have a problem, when i am sitting with another person in front of teh display and want to show a movie. The panasonics are not in 24" and native 1080i resolution, so i decided to buy a TVlogic.

Greetings Chris

Return to posts index

David Radin
on Dec 13, 2008 at 11:13:28 pm

TVLogic also has a lower priced $4,500 version of the LVM-241W. It is the LVM-242. Chris, although I sell TVLogic in the Northeast I can help arrange a demo for you in Germany if needed. I can't agree more with Bob, video displays are not boxed products purchsed based on advise of a web review. You need to directly evaluate the display you are considering, optimally against a known standard or competitive product.

David Rdain
Vidkey, Inc.
914-239-3232
radin@vidkey.com
http://www.vidkey.com

Return to posts index

David Radin
on Dec 14, 2008 at 2:49:09 pm

The D is for Dual Link (4:4:4 or 1080p/60) version of the monitors. Both monitors have dual input, dual output connections and supporting dual link hardware from factory, the D option is a password enable for $2000 additional above and beyond the base price of either monitor.

The top end LCD CCFL backlit model in Single display is the LVM-241WL which has a new reduced black shift panel. This monitor is MSRP $7,995. This is likely the monitor you should evaluate for your application unless you need quad display for some reason you have not indicated.

The LQM-241W is the quad split input version of this with additional enhanced software which is a priced at MSRP $9,995.

Once again, if you have any questions that are sales related and should be made off-list, please contact me directly at the information below. You can also download PDF spec sheets at my website. Although I am the authorized Northeast US reseller, I can assist you to locate the product in Europe.

Regards,

Dave

David Radin
Vidkey, Inc.
radin@vidkey.com
914-373-9242
http://www.vidkey.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]