FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing Desk

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dean Brennan
Editing Desk
on Oct 5, 2008 at 5:22:48 pm

Does anyone know of any desks specifically designed for editing. I know B&H has a few but they are around $2,500. I am looking for something no more than $1,000.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Editing Desk
on Oct 5, 2008 at 6:24:18 pm

because I am constantly in the same boat as you are in (what is the least amount of money that I can spend) - I use the following combination - even though it is not great -

1) Middle Atlantic MDV-DSK
2) Middle Atlantic MDV-R12 side carts
2) Middle Atlantic MDV-CK casters

Unless you go to Ikea and get an 8' dining room table, this is the least expensive solution that I am aware of, that will give you 8' of space, with some rack mount ability. I have recently become aware of Martin & Ziegler desks, and they are certainly much nicer than the low end Middle Atlantic MDV series, but ultimately it costs more money. And the Raxxess series (another cheap video furniture series) is still not as cheap and functional as the Middle Atlantic MDV.

Again, you can do nothing other than get an Ikea 8' dining room table (8' desktop and 2 Ikea saw horses), and a Raxxess or Middle Atlantic skeleton rack, and do this even cheaper.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Oct 7, 2008 at 11:21:23 pm

I got a sweet $1,800 Anthro desk on craigslist for $400.

Jason Jenkins

Flowmotion Media

Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

Dean Brennan
on Oct 8, 2008 at 4:09:38 pm

I actually like the Ikea idea. I think I may look into that. As always I will continue to check the craigslist listings. Like Jason, I have gotten lucky a few times with craigslist. Thanks Bob and Jason.

Dean C. Brennan

Return to posts index

Melissa Fricke
on Oct 14, 2008 at 5:50:50 pm

I'm with Anthro and if price is a concern we are currently having our Birthday sale through October 2008. Most products are 35% off, so if you want to accessorize your new workstation. You should check it out.

http://www.anthro.com

Return to posts index

Tom Meegan
on Oct 11, 2008 at 12:45:24 am

I know you are on a budget, and I understand. I've put in a lot of time in front of a variety of low end / home made edit desks. What follows is just my experience – your mileage may vary.

In 2006 I spent about 3K on a desk and separate rolling rack from TBC Consoles. It may well be the best 3K I've ever spent on professional equipment.

I've had two years of comfort at this desk and anticipate many more. It makes everything a little more pleasant all day long.

Best,

Tom

Return to posts index

Dean Brennan
on Oct 13, 2008 at 1:16:03 pm

Yes Tom you do have a point and I actually put of this purchase for a while. I am going to wait until I have enough $$ to go with a professional desk. In the meantime, I will deal with what I have.

Thanks for your input.

Dean C. Brennan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]