FORUMS: list search recent posts

Monitoring HD in Edit Suite

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dean Brennan
Monitoring HD in Edit Suite
on Sep 19, 2008 at 4:11:47 pm

I was wondering what other people are using to monitor their HD while editing and to preview. I do not know if it would be more beneficial. To go with a multi format LCD monitor that is made for HD QC or just get a HDSDI to HDMI converter from my Kona 3 and view the HDMI signal on a 42 inch LCD. Will I lose a lot of color accuracy or quality going this route? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Bob Zelin
Re: Monitoring HD in Edit Suite
on Sep 21, 2008 at 3:45:42 pm

how much money do you want to spend ? You can spend anywhere from $600 to $35,000. If I tell you about a monitor for $4000, or $8000, and you don't have this money, my comment will mean nothing to you.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Dean Brennan
on Sep 22, 2008 at 6:58:54 pm

Somewhere in the range of $5,000.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Sep 23, 2008 at 1:07:05 am

Most people would choose the Panasonic BT-LH2600W or the JVC DT-24 series. Both under $4000. The Sony's at this price range are crap. CineTal, TV Logic, and eCinema are all dramatically more expensive. Everyone thinks they can get a $500 HD-DVI converter from AJA or Blackmagic, and use a DVI monitor to do the same job. It works (I do it all the time), but it is ABSOLUTELY not the same quality or image. If you had no money, I would say to buy the TH-50 series Panasonic Plasma, which you can do for about $1200.

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Martin Euredjian
on Sep 27, 2008 at 12:34:45 am

> eCinema are all dramatically more expensive

Bob, FYI, we just dropped the price on our FX24 to under $4K. We feel that this is a great value as this monitor is regarded as being better than others in this price range (particularly in viewing angle and colorimetry).

It's pretty amazing when you consider that we are a small company in Valencia, CA and we actually manufacture our monitors in the USA and not in China.

Martin Euredjian
eCinema Systems, Inc.
http://www.ecinemasystems.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]