FORUMS: list search recent posts

20 Scan Lines High - FONTS

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Whirity
20 Scan Lines High - FONTS
on Sep 19, 2008 at 12:10:07 am

I'm working on a project that requires a disclaimer to be 4% of the vertical or 20 scanlines high.

I'm using the Helvetica font typeface. I'm using After Effects for the work and am not sure what Font Size is equivalent to 20 scanlines. How does one adjust for scanlines within a program like After Effects?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: 20 Scan Lines High - FONTS
on Sep 20, 2008 at 6:55:23 pm

I heard of a plug-in for this somewhere on the COW in the past year, but can't recall details. You can use your real or virtual vectorscope/wave form monitor and count the scan lines, I suppose.

Return to posts index

Ron Gerber
on Sep 26, 2008 at 9:17:33 pm

This sound like a fun political advertisement. If it is, you should check with your local election board and see if that rule is still in place. It caused such a mess in our market back in 2004 that it is no longer required to be 4%. We had a person in charge of making sure all the spots coming in met all the election guidelines and believe it or not, he pulled out a ruler and measured the size of the text on the screen - he was a math guy so he figured out what 4% was for that monitor and if his ruler said it was to small, it did not air.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Sep 26, 2008 at 10:26:25 pm

That sounds like a creative but ridiculous way to measure. Would it be easier to create a box or rectangle that size in photoshop and then just super it in a layer while editing as a check?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]