FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Server

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Fraser
Video Server
on Sep 4, 2008 at 1:11:02 am

I don't know if this is the right forum for this question but I'll try...
We have a small tourist television station that runs a 90 minute loop of what to see and do in town. At the moment we use 2 dvd players with a switcher to broadcast to the cable head. We use 2 dvd's so that we can record in the highest quality, but we would like to improve the quality at least to DV. We have not been able to find any kind of server (or any other system for that matter) that costs less than $7000. anywhere. Isn't there some kind of DVR system that is loopable? Or anything for that matter that is a simple device that will loop a 90 minute program. I walked the floors of NAB and could not find anything that would upgrade the look of the program but not cost an arm and a leg. It seems that it's either 2 DVD players with a switcher or a server for $10,000 by the time you buy everything we need. Isn't there anything in between?
Am I missing something or is there just nothing out there?

Thank you for your time,
Bruce

Bruce

Return to posts index

Charlie King
Re: Video Server
on Sep 9, 2008 at 3:03:51 pm

I'm not sure if this will work for you, but check out http:\Adtecinc.com They have several models to choose from with different capabilities. Oh and they and they are HD capable.

It may just be what you are looking for.

Charlie

ProductionKing Video Services
Unmarked Door Productions
Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel
Las Vegas, Nevada

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]