FORUMS: list search recent posts

Broadcasting Automation

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Hicks
Broadcasting Automation
on Aug 28, 2008 at 8:57:06 pm

Hi my name is Chuck Hicks and I have been into broadcasting now for about 16 months. I currently run a small public access channel in Paintsville Kentucky. I just built a new playout server and editor for our station both running windows xp pro sp3. I am using Adobe Premier cs3 as my editing software. I currently run Blackmagic Intensity Pro cards in both my machines. I am currently looking for a program that will allow me to create a weeks schedule and run automatically that is compatible with windows. I have heard all kinds that will work with Apple but I am in the market for a windows based program. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Chuck

Return to posts index

Chuck Pullen
Re: Broadcasting Automation
on Sep 3, 2008 at 3:42:05 am

Hey Chuck, Chuck here :)

I seem to remember someone advertising just such a thing in the very back of TV Technology, although I can’t remember the name right now. If you don't already get a subscription, sign up today, and maybe you'll find the advertiser on their website. Another option for simple automation (but an expensive one) is to get a 360 systems type video server, they not only allow you to build a playlist, but they have multiple in's and out's and also can generate an as run log.

I'm glad to hear someone working in public access is actually trying to improve the quality of their product. Here in Indiana, Comcast took the legislatures down in Indianapolis out for dinner, handed each of them a big bag of "laundry" with dollar signs on it, now we have no local public access.

Best of luck to you, feel free to contact me with more questions,

Chuck Pullen

Return to posts index

Boyce Johnson
on Sep 5, 2008 at 9:09:04 pm

We use PlayBox software installed on a PC built to their specs with a Decklink card. You may want to download a demo of their software to see if it will run on your system. They also offer turnkey solutions but that's more costly and I prefer to build my own because then when (not if) a component fails I can just swap it out rather than sending the whole box off somewhere for service.

http://www.playbox.tv/

Return to posts index

Chuck Hicks
on Sep 10, 2008 at 7:21:28 pm

Did you purchase Airbox and Listbox or a whole package... They are pricing both to me @ $2800.00

Return to posts index

Boyce Johnson
on Sep 10, 2008 at 7:52:02 pm

We originally just bought Airbox, which comes with a copy of ListBox that runs on that machine. We later bought a separate copy of ListBox and DataBox. DataBox is a pretty basic database but it lets you drag and drop directly into a ListBox playlist, which is nice.

Return to posts index

Chuck Hicks
on Sep 23, 2008 at 7:40:31 pm

could you post me a copy of your computer specs?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]