FORUMS: list search recent posts

Overlaying Graphics on a Live TV Signal

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Sanchez
Overlaying Graphics on a Live TV Signal
on Jul 9, 2008 at 9:58:10 pm

Hello, I am a new member of this forum. In my office, we have an LCD TV in the lobby tuned to CNBC. I would like to find a way to overlay some graphics, specifically our company logo, onto the screen. My first thought was some kind of video capture card on a PC that is able to overlay graphics. Does anyone know of the right solution for this problem? I've googled all over the place but couldn't find what I was looking for. I know how to do this in Adobe Premeire with pre-recorded video, but want a solution for Live TV. Thanks in advance for your help.

Return to posts index

Chuck Reti
Re: Overlaying Graphics on a Live TV Signal
on Jul 12, 2008 at 4:36:10 am

The simplest solution would be hardware-based. You would have to take video out from the cable box and run it through a frame synchronizer. You would need a character generator and switcher with keyer, or a standalone logo inserter to key your logo over the stabilized framesync'd video.

I would be curious to know if it is "legal" to alter or modify in this way, network material that is being displayed to the public.

Return to posts index

Rob Sanchez
Re: Overlaying Graphics on a Live TV Signal
on Jul 14, 2008 at 5:08:31 pm

Thanks for your help. I am afraid I am a total novice when it comes to broadcast equipment. Can you explain in a little more depth? I am really looking for a solution that would cost no more than $300 or so.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]