FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pricing Question

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Cadieux
Pricing Question
on Jun 26, 2008 at 4:42:59 pm

Hey Everyone,

I run a small video production company (when I say small I mean just me). I just purchased a house w/ my fiance. We bought a house w/ a finished basement for my office. There is also an oversized two-car garage that will double as a studio (mostly for shooting on backdrops like green/blue screens etc). I work with a lot of other videographers who are always looking for studio space, and/or space to shoot green screen video. What should I charge people per hour for use of such a facility? Obviously it's not a full-time studio, so that needs to be taken into consideration. Thanks.

-Aaron

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Pricing Question
on Jun 26, 2008 at 5:00:56 pm

[Aaron Cadieux] "There is also an oversized two-car garage that will double as a studio (mostly for shooting on backdrops like green/blue screens etc).... What should I charge people per hour for use of such a facility?"

What are the floor dimensions, how high is it from the floor to the lighting grid, how smooth is the floor, what kind of electrical service do you have, what's the lighting situation, is there immediate access to plumbing, and how bad is the street noise?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Aaron Cadieux
on Jun 26, 2008 at 7:03:46 pm

well, there is 0 street noise, i can tell you that. i'm not sure on the exact demensions, but it's an extra wide 2 car garage. the ceiligns are 9 feet high. the floor is a run-of-the-mill concrete floor...very well poured and smooth. and yes, there is access to plumbing. obviously a garage can't handle every shoot under the sun, but for relatively small-scale stuff, i dont see it being an issue. I'd have to have an electrcian customize the power situation in there im sure.

Return to posts index

Greg Ball
on Jun 28, 2008 at 1:31:55 pm

Is there air conditioning? How about neighbors mowing their lawn or using a weed wacker. Kids on bikes? Dogs barking? You get the drift. Clean audio capabilities are real important when looking for studio space.

I would think you could get $300 to $500 per day, depending on your area.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]