FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shooting for Broadcast

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jessica Robbins
Shooting for Broadcast
on May 27, 2008 at 7:06:13 pm

My company is making a video that they want to be able to send to News Stations for them to pull from. I just bought an AGHVX200P and have it set to:

video cam
480/60i (SD)

Is this the right setting to shoot at for broadcast?

When I export the footage from premiere- is there anything I need to be concerned about for broadcast use?

If I use 60i, is pulldown going to become a problem?

I am not a broadcast engineer, more like an editor, but a few helpful directions on getting from camera to broadcast ready would help. I know each station has its own guides and specs- but is there any general advice?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Shooting for Broadcast
on May 27, 2008 at 10:11:40 pm

TV stations have absolutely no problems with interlaced video. But if you're talking about shooting at a film frame rate (24p) and keeping it at 60i, don't do it. Don't shoot at 24p, that is. Or 30p, for that matter.

I have never, EVER seen news video shot in any kind of progressive scan. In the same way that some photographers turn their noses up at anything but progressive scan, newsies start smelling a rat when they see anything but interlaced video. It just doesn't look right to them. It looks too slickly produced.

So stick with plain ol' interlaced 29.97 video, and you'll be doing yourself a favor.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]