FORUMS: list search recent posts

System Integrator for Production Studio Upgrade

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Gordoni
System Integrator for Production Studio Upgrade
on May 23, 2008 at 6:05:58 pm

Please recommend system integrators for a Production Studio Upgrade.
We are planning on replacing our JVC GY-DV550 cameras, upgrading to SDI, installing a tapeless deck, upgrading the studio monitors, purchasing 2 pedistal supports, and a teleprompting system for 3 cameras. We also need to install a router inline to our waveform vectorscopes.

Is using someone local immportant?

I'm near Dallas.

Thanks,
Don

Return to posts index

paul thurston
Studio Upgrade
on May 26, 2008 at 3:45:24 pm

Hi Don,

Normally two routes are followed my most organizations that want to do what you need done.

1. You have a local person, a video engineer or somebody who has integrated equipment before, visit your studio and discuss what exactly you want to do (money wise, time wise, noise wise, dust wise, electrical wise, and specific brands of manufacturers.) Then you have this person make you a budget based on your expectations. Then you accept, reject or modify the budget. Once the budget is approved, work begins based on your previous conversations with the integrator.

2. You have somebody in your staff, or yourself investigate all this out and you "in-house" all the work.

Non-local people can be good choices too, but this route is only recommended if you just can't find somebody near you that can do this work.

We usually find "the right" people at local media events or at video equipment reseller events.

-Paul

-----------------------------------------------
Paul Thurston
Producer
Chile

Return to posts index

Don Gordoni
Re: Studio Upgrade
on May 27, 2008 at 3:17:32 pm

Thanks Paul

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: System Integrator for Production Studio Upgrade
on May 26, 2008 at 4:08:05 pm

yes -
I would love to volunteer, but I'm in Florida. It is always important to get someone that can come in, in case something doesn't work.

A great company (but probably too expensive) is -
http://www.becktv.com/contact%20us.html

They do much better work than I do, so I hope to hell they stay out of Florida. They are near you.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Don Gordoni
Re: System Integrator for Production Studio Upgrade
on May 27, 2008 at 3:18:57 pm

Thanks Bob:

I'll check them out!

Don

Return to posts index

Greg Ball
Re: Bob System Integrator for Production Studio Upgrade
on May 27, 2008 at 5:46:09 pm

Hi Bob,

Just wondering if you do work in the Miami Area or if you know someone who does. Looking for someone who can service and advise on both a corporate in-house on-line editing system, routing, and also a FCP edit suite. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Bob System Integrator for Production Studio Upgrade
on May 27, 2008 at 8:37:26 pm

contact me privately
maxavid@cfl.rr.com
bob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]