FORUMS: list search recent posts

Delivering content for Broadcast - first timer

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Shadis
Delivering content for Broadcast - first timer
on Apr 29, 2008 at 4:54:09 pm

Hello - so I'm a motion graphics animator who's done primarily web video work. Finally one of the projects I've been working on for awhile has been picked up as interstitial content on a cable channel, which is fantastic, but unfortunately I'm not really set up on my end for delivering content for broadcast.

Specifically I don't have a Digibeta deck at my studio. I can rent one if need be, but this content is going to go our twice a month and dropping $700 twice a month on renting a deck is a solid chunk of change for us. And buying a $40,000 deck is likely not going to happen for awhile. If this is the only option, then so be it, we'll do it, but I'm curious as to what other options there might be.

I spoke with the technical contact at the channel and while they prefer Digibeta he is checking to see the validity of my request to send the files digitally (as a Motion Jpeg, or whatever file format makes the most sense for them). He didn't sound too hopeful though.

My question is what options do we have here? I'm new to this end of the business so I just wanted some second opinions. Any feedback you might have would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time and take care.

-Matt

Return to posts index

Scot Lenter
Re: Delivering content for Broadcast - first timer
on Apr 29, 2008 at 6:08:09 pm

Is there a dub-house nearby? You could take the files to a dub house and have them convert it to digibeta (about $125/hr).

If that is not an option and these guys still insist on digibeta, you might just have to up your rate to be able to afford the deck rental.

Scot Lenter
Midtown Video
Service Manager
Rental Agent
305-669-1117

Return to posts index

Devin Crane
Re: Delivering content for Broadcast - first timer
on May 7, 2008 at 11:27:50 pm

A lot of broadcasters are accepting HQ Mpeg2 Program Stream file on a data DVD or FTP for delivery.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]