FORUMS: list search recent posts

monitor image from digibeta deck unstabel

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hugh Hughes
monitor image from digibeta deck unstabel
on Mar 28, 2008 at 8:34:24 am

hello

i am outputting my first project to digibeta (Sony DVW-A500P) form Final Cut Pro (5.1.4) via a decklink HD Extreme Card (downcoverting HDV to anamorphic 16:9 SD).

i am monitoring on a sony monitor, taking a SDI out from the Digbeta deck - however the image sometimes appears to split like a projecter doesn't have the film lined up - there is a black line in the middle, with what SHOULD be the images top, on the bottom, and vice versa - this is the same (although intermittent) when I am either monitoring output fron FCP, or playing a Digibeta tape of another project in the player.

i am reasonably sure this is not effecting how the image goes onto the tape - but do wonder why its doing this, can i fix it, and should i be worried?

thanks

hugh

Mac G5 Dual 2 GHz Power PC
2.5 GB Ram
Final Cut Pro 5.1.4
Quicktime 7.4.1

Return to posts index

Mathieu Marano
Re: monitor image from digibeta deck unstabel
on Mar 30, 2008 at 12:24:16 pm

be sure everything is synched together.

Mathieu Marano
online editor - motion graphics - Post-prod director
Directeur technique de post-production
Le Bureau de post production

Administrator of the Montreal Final Cut User Group
http://www.finalcutmtl.org

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: monitor image from digibeta deck unstabel
on Mar 30, 2008 at 6:30:58 pm

this is happening because you have not genlocked the Blackmagic Decklink Extreme to the Digi Beta VTR. Get an inexpensive black generator, and send the black signal into both the GENLOCK REFERENCE input of the Blackmagic Decklink, AND the Ref Video IN of the Digi Beta VTR.

If you don't have time to do this, this is a "quick fix", to output without the line, and NOT a permanent fix. Change the Y Pb Pr output on the Decklink to composite - take the Y output of the Blackmagic, and stick this into the REf Video Input of your Digi Beta VTR. This will fool the VTR into thinking that it has genlock input. If you make this a permanent solution, your system will "shake", when you try to digitize from the Digi Beta into the Blackmagic, and you will fail.

Buy an AJA Gen 10 or Horita BSG-50

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]