FORUMS: list search recent posts

Broadcast guideline question

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jan-Arden Petersen
Broadcast guideline question
on Mar 8, 2008 at 4:54:44 pm

I have another question in relation to an upcoming project. What are the guidelines for project delivery to cable and local networks. I understand audio should be in the -12 to 18db range. What about color levels and format of delivery as in color bars, slate tone, etc?

Thank you for your assistance

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Broadcast guideline question
on Mar 9, 2008 at 2:55:45 am

In my opinion, it is foolish to get advice on this question, from this forum. EACH TV station, or cable station, has seperate delivery requirements. Some accept analog Beta tapes, some expect a Sony SRW HD tape delivery (like Discovery). Some require that audio be checked on the Dolby LM100 digital audio meter. Most require that you have expensive waveform monitor/vectorscopes to check your levels. General answers from this forum will not give you the SPECIFIC answers that you need for delivery requirements. You risk having your tapes rejected by a TV station unless you get the document from that station, that states exactly what they expect from you. Stations like PBS and Discovery have long delivery requirement documents.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]