FORUMS: list search recent posts

Broadcast Commercial Specs

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Travis Shields
Broadcast Commercial Specs
on Mar 6, 2008 at 11:48:42 pm

Hi guys, I need some general advice for submitting my first commercial to broadcast. Here are the specs they need:

We require a 10-bit, uncompressed QuickTime .MOV format (720 x 486) that includes all of the following information and sequencing.

Acceptable video and audio quality:

* Average digital audio levels must range between -17dBfs and -20dBfs (Analog: 0dB @ +4 dBm ref).
* Digital audio levels should peak between -10dBfs and -12dBfs (Analog: no higher than +3), with a maximum of three peaks per second.
* Setup level should equal 7.5 IRE.
* Luminance levels should not exceed 100 IRE.
* Chroma levels should not exceed 120 IRE.

What is the best way to keep my audio levels where they need to be? Is there a way in FCP to use a 7.5 IRE setup level? I'm shooting HDV, downconverting to 4:3. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jahil Maplestone
Re: Broadcast Commercial Specs
on Mar 14, 2008 at 8:46:11 pm

Firstly,
Audio you can put a limiter on all your tracks but it's better to just adjust it yourself when you do your audio mix.

As for your levels, there is no setup in DV so don't add it in final cut. Digital video will be at 0. Setup is an analogue NTSC thing. Playback machines should add it when played from a digital source but seeing as your submitting a 10 Bit file this doesn't concern you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]