FORUMS: list search recent posts

U-Matic to DvCam Dub

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lukkee Chong
U-Matic to DvCam Dub
on Feb 20, 2008 at 10:39:12 pm

Hi,
I have about 20 hours of U-Matic tapes I would like to dub to Dvcam or betasp. My preference is to go to DvCam via sdi input from the U-matic BVU800 dub out, so my surch is for a tbc which would allow this. Any advice/assistance would be welcomed.
Thanks,
lc

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: U-Matic to DvCam Dub
on Feb 26, 2008 at 1:49:01 am

you will gain NOTHING by converting this to SDI. Take the composite output of the BUV800 and go into the Composite input of the DV Cam VTR. If the tapes are terrible, you will have to get a time base corrector to stabilize the signal off the 3/4" UMatic VTR. The BVU800 was a good VTR, so it will probably work. SDI will give you no advantage in this process.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Lukkee Chong
on Feb 27, 2008 at 2:41:59 am

Thanks for your response Bob. My reason for thinking about SDI is only if I can get a tbc with this feature. Should still be a better option than composite if it's available. If not, composite will do fine.
lc

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Feb 27, 2008 at 11:35:45 pm

if you got a TBC, and the TBC could convert the composite signal to SDI, it would NOT improve the quality of the image on the 3/4" VTR.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Mar 3, 2008 at 9:57:13 pm

Perhaps taking the Y/C output from the deck thru a converter to SDI could improve it a bit. AJA makes one. It should look a little better than composite. I don't remember whether the 800 has a Y/C output or just a dub output. It's been a long time since I've seen a BVU-800 in working condition.
Tom

Return to posts index

Lukkee Chong
on Mar 3, 2008 at 10:34:14 pm

It's dub and composite, so I am waiting on a dub cable which will connect to the tbc I have, and then go component out. I recon this should at least preserve the original quality!
Thanks Tom.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]