FORUMS: list search recent posts

What are you doing with your NP-1 battery gear

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Abrams
What are you doing with your NP-1 battery gear
on Feb 4, 2008 at 8:50:49 pm

I was thinking about dumping my IDX 400 and a couple of good batteries. Then I looked at completed auctions on ebay and determined it wasn't worth the effort. So my question is, if you're camera uses another battery system, what are you doing with your old NP-1 system.

Return to posts index

Thax Clave
Re: What are you doing with your NP-1 battery gear
on Feb 5, 2008 at 2:18:07 pm

Most NP-1 batts seem to have a pretty limited life-span anyway.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Feb 5, 2008 at 4:24:11 pm

They make fine door stops. Our shop once used nothing but the early NP-1's and I always said the NP stood for "no power" or "nearly pooped".Seems like they never lasted very long and man, was a bag of them heavy.

You can get NP-1 re-celled at many battery stores. Though they are not going to be competitive with hydride or lithium batteries, nicads still have the positive factor of being rugged and able to take heavy abuse in charging and discharging. I think you could use them to power some spare lights for outdoor work sans cords, or to put in out of the way areas on a set. They are a handy size to use in an audio man's mixer bag...That's probably what I'd use them for if they were holding a good charge and I felt guilty about junking them.

If you just want to be rid of them, why feel bad for a low ebay price? You're letting someone else get some productive use out of them instead of just junking them. You can also try freecycle.com to give them away.

"Oh, you wanted to RECORD that?"

Return to posts index

Dave Abrams
on Feb 5, 2008 at 6:53:25 pm

I don't mind taking the hit on the batteries necessarily but I've got a mint IDX 400 that was about $400 new and is getting no bids now on ebay. I was looking for ideas like yours and was hoping to get pointed to actual products. Thanks for responding to an apparently confusing post.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]