FORUMS: list search recent posts

Putting 4 channels of audio off my computer to a Beta SX tape.

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TheBullet
Putting 4 channels of audio off my computer to a Beta SX tape.
on Jan 29, 2008 at 9:05:21 pm

Alright, i got another problem, or maybe not a problem, but something i have to do that I don't know how to do. And it also involves the broadcast side of things.

Ok, so, like i said before, I gotta take some video off my computer and put it to a beta sx tape. Now, this is what they want: The Stereo Mix to be on channels 1&2 and the Music and Effects on Channels 3&4.

It seems that nobody in my building knows how to do that, so I thought I'd ask you smart folk who have years of experience how to do this. Now, I already have all the audio serperated here on my computer, the problem is how to I transfer the right audio to the right channels of the Beta SX deck. Sorry I don't have the exact model of SX deck, but if you need it I can run down and check it.

Again, thanks for your time.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Putting 4 channels of audio off my computer to a Beta SX tape.
on Jan 29, 2008 at 11:56:06 pm

you need a BOX and software. You are not describing your situation properly.

If you have a FCP, Premier or AVID file, and you need to lay it to tape, you get an AVID, or Blackmagic, or AJA, or MOTU product, and you will magically have SDI video outputs, and multiple audio outputs (and the SDI video out will have embedded audio, so all of your audio channels will travel along with the video.

BUT if you say "I have this signal on my computer, and no audio video products - how do I get it out to a Beta SX VTR" - this is the answer - YOU DONT.

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]