FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Anycast Software Update

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcus Soukup
Sony Anycast Software Update
on Jan 24, 2008 at 3:56:15 pm

I work for Mediacom in Dubuque, IA -- and a few years back we purchased the Sony Anycast AWSG500 and we need the new software update to v2.21 but Sony's website has been down for over a week and they promised us it would be fixed last week friday, but now they are saying this week it'll be fixed, but we have a live shoot next week weds. and we can't be sitting around waiting for this update when we need to be testing the ability to play .avi's off a HD

So if anyone out there has this update hosted on their own server, or have it sitting around on the computer, please post a response so that I can get the anycast ready to go.

This is their faulty site -- https://servicesplus.us.sony.biz/sony-software.aspx?model=AWSG500

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Sony Anycast Software Update
on Jan 24, 2008 at 4:53:50 pm

Are you sure you really need it right now? Or does this upgrade have new features you'd like to have, but don't necessarily need to keep the gear running? I know I'd be a little queasy about going into a live shot with a piece of gear running brand-new software, but that's me.

BTW, I registered at Sony in hopes I could download it. If nothing else, I could have burned it to CD and had it couriered up to KCRG's DBQ office in the Chamber of Commerce building. I had the same problem you did.

You might just have to live with the current software.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV

Return to posts index

Marcus Soukup
Re: Sony Anycast Software Update
on Jan 24, 2008 at 5:00:55 pm

The update deals with how it reads the hard drive and the files within, it won't work at all with the software version we have, but will work with the new software update. I appreciate your offer!

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]