FORUMS: list search recent posts

4-3 to 16-9

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robin Probyn
4-3 to 16-9
on Jan 19, 2008 at 2:03:05 am

Hi there

Long story.. but have to shoot 4-3 that will be converted to 16-9.Format will be betasp.

Can I just frame the top as the top,and the bottom be cut off,rather than leaving headroom at the top and bottom.

What actually is the best way to get 4-3 footage to 16-9?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: 4-3 to 16-9
on Jan 22, 2008 at 5:42:28 pm

[Robin Probyn] "What actually is the best way to get 4-3 footage to 16-9? "

Shoot 4x3. Make the 16x9 video with black bars on the sides. This results in the highest resolution, but know that it still won't be great resolution... especially if this 16x9 picture is supposed to be HD.

[Robin Probyn] "Can I just frame the top as the top, and the bottom be cut off, rather than leaving headroom at the top and bottom."

Yeah, you can do that, too. There will be a little extra work to do, however. If you can get your editor to "fit the video so it fills the screen from side to side", you'll then probably have to shift all the clips down.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
Re: 4-3 to 16-9
on Jan 23, 2008 at 2:12:50 am

Ok thanks for the info,so framing just for the top of frame by not be the best idea.

Actually the shoot is now being done on my digibeta so I dont have the problem anymore.

Ridiculous to shoot with a 4-3 camera for 16-9 in this day and age.. the edit place didnt have a digibeta deck!!!

But thanks for the info!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]