FORUMS: list search recent posts

Monitoring using SDI vrs. DVI input, JVC DT-V24L1DU

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dean Mermell
Monitoring using SDI vrs. DVI input, JVC DT-V24L1DU
on Dec 30, 2007 at 6:48:13 pm

I've got a BlackMagic HD Extreme card and I'm looking at getting one of the 24" JVC monitors, either the DT-V24L1DU (with SDI and DVI input) or the DT-V24L1U (DVI only, no SDI). The V24L1U is about $1000 cheaper, but I'd require a converter box (like HD Link) to get the SDI signal from the card into the monitor. This adds some $400 to the cost, but I'd still be up about $600, which is big money to a little one man shop like mine. My question is, is there any perceivable difference between a straight SDI signal (HD or SD) and one that's been converted to a DVI connection? Is anything lost or otherwise affected? I'd also like to hear from anyone using one of these monitors with a BM card and hear that you're so very happy with it....are you? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Monitoring using SDI vrs. DVI input, JVC DT-V24L1DU
on Dec 31, 2007 at 4:44:59 pm

as you expand your business, you will have lots of other HD-SDI sources to deal with. Ultimately, you will want the ability to monitor HD-SDI sources directly, and not have to reply on converters (although the HD Link and AJA HDP are both fine products). The JVC DT-V24L1DU is a spectacular product, and if you intend to continue to work with HD-SDI (adding to your edit system, renting expensive HD VTR's), this is the correct investment to make.

If you choose not to do this, the HD Link or AJA HDP will work with almost any DVI input monitor.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]