FORUMS: list search recent posts

No Input Message on UVW-1800

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Bethel
No Input Message on UVW-1800
on Dec 30, 2007 at 2:44:27 am

Going out of Final Cut Studio 2 with Kona LSe to UVW-1800 and 3 seconds into anytime I try to edit to tape the deck flashes NO INPUT (not to be confused with NO SYNC) then TC comes back in the deck window. Waiting it out I notice that when bars and tone pop up about 10 seconds later the deck VU meters show audio signal is getting there. The monitor handling video out from the deck is black (but does indicate a sync). Playback verifies audio yes, video no.

Is it the card? Is it the deck? Is it a FCP setting? FCP is going out 8 bit 29.97 and it has not been an issue until this past week

I gotta get this straightened out quick - shows have to go out the door

Have a COW, man.

Return to posts index

Chris Brown
Re: No Input Message on UVW-1800
on Dec 30, 2007 at 2:31:36 pm

So you've laid back to this deck before via "Edit to Tape"?

Sorry to ask stupid questions:
1) Have you already pre-laid video and a TC track to tape (blacked the tape)?
2) Checked to see that you can get signal to the deck (video and audio)
3) Verified that your control signal is working properly on your remote cable?

Return to posts index

Scott Bethel
on Dec 30, 2007 at 5:06:56 pm

Yes.

Yes.

No. How?

Not sure if I know what you mean.

Thanks

Have a COW, man.

Return to posts index

Chris Brown
on Jan 2, 2008 at 6:55:44 pm

Can you control the deck successfully from FCP? Is the 9 pin remote cable connected to your input card in your Mac?

Return to posts index

Asmund Voll Tesdal
on Jan 3, 2008 at 12:55:21 am

To me this looks like a problem with the video input, not the control cable, since it appears the rec command is reaching the deck as it should (the deck does go into rec after the NO INPUT message, right?).

Which kind of input are you sending to the deck? Component, SDI, firewire or something else? And what about the audio?

When Cris here asked wether you are able to get audio and video signal to the deck, you answered yes. Do you mean that you can see the video on the deck's monitor when the deck is in stop/pause, but not when in rec? Or does the image appear more randomly?

(Oh, and since this is my first post, after a lurking for a long time, I guess I should throw out a big hello to everyone as well :-)

Return to posts index

Scott Bethel
on Jan 3, 2008 at 6:17:29 pm

Yeah, control worked fine.

So what would happen if I installed the Kona updated driver that came out a couple weeks ago that they didn't tell me about???

Everything works fine now. YEEEEEEESH

Thanks everyone!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]