FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video capture help needed

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Williams
Video capture help needed
on Nov 27, 2007 at 6:51:33 pm

I need to capture analog video from a video camera to my computer and then out VGA to large screens through LCD projectors. I'm not saving nor editing the video just pass-through. What capture device do you suggest to get this job done with quality up to the level of the camera.
Thanks
J. Williams

Return to posts index

Charlie King
Re: Video capture help needed
on Nov 27, 2007 at 7:16:19 pm

There are many units available for this. It isn't a capture device, it is a converter.
Sony makes an excellent one. The 1024 comes in both SD and HD.
Scan-Do is another good unit.

Google Search for Scan Converters and you will come up with several possibilities.

Return to posts index

James Williams
Re: Video capture help needed
on Nov 27, 2007 at 7:46:27 pm

Thanks Charlie
I'll look those up now. I use a Numark NUVJ midi video mixer. I tried a little video grabber to mix the live video but the quality was not good, so thanks for the info.
J. Williams

Return to posts index

James Williams
Re: Wrong way I think
on Nov 27, 2007 at 8:18:24 pm

The scan converter appears to work between the computer and the output. I'm looking for a solution between the camera and the computer then i can mix the live with other video files on my computer. I send the video out through my dual head video card. I just want a pure video intake with little or no proprietory software to install. If the scan converters do this, which one would you suggest.
J. williams

Return to posts index

Charlie King
on Nov 28, 2007 at 9:03:34 pm

The thing about scan converters, is they go either way. You tell it what you are inputing, and what you want the output to be. The one thing I am not sure about as I think waht you are doing, is that you need an actual input to the computer. I think I may not know how you are working the computer into the array. So if you are needing am input card in the computer itself, neither of these do what you need. For realtime throughput, I'm not sure what would be best.
Sorry I an't be more help.

Charlie

Return to posts index

James Williams
on Nov 29, 2007 at 2:01:01 pm

Thanks Charlie for the response
Sorry to make this confusing. I'm running an analog signal(about 200 feet) from my camera to my computer. I'm using video mixing software so i can mix in several clips and music off my hard drive. I connect to the LCD projector straight out of the computer. I've tested this using a really inexpensive analog to USB capture device. It works but... i wonder if there is something else out there to sit between the camera signal and the computer that does not require the installation of some conflictive and proprietary software that will capture that signal and allow me to tweak it if necessary. Ive put a signal booster at the camera end of this setup. I'm looking for something under 500.00 but the little device i'm using only cost 14 bucks on ebay:). Anything i send from my computer to LCD to screen is excellent. Just trying to work that live camera in.
J. Williams

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]