FORUMS: list search recent posts

Change viewable size on LCD monitor?

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jimmybee500
Change viewable size on LCD monitor?
on Nov 27, 2007 at 5:08:30 pm

Funny question for this forum I know, but...

Does anyone know any tricks to squash the picture of an LCD monitor, a la how a CRT works, with adjustable width and height?

I'm trying to use a HDLink to view our old Paintbox iva DVI (or VGA if scaling will work) but as my 20" Dell isn't heigh enough res for 2 x scaling when 16:9 is applied, I lose a load of the picture. If only I could scale down my monitor's viewing area by 25% in the Y then I'd be laughing!

Any thoughts guys?

*Production Studio Premium CS2 / *Combustion 3 / Mocha v1
-------------------------------------
Win XP Pro SP2 / Intel P4 3GHz / 2GB RAM / GeForce FX5200 / DeckLink Pro / Roland DS-5 monitors / Sony BVM-20G1E / DVS SDI Clipstation / Wacom Intuos 3 A4 / 110GB boot/80GB media/600GB RAID-0

Return to posts index

Nicholas Steinmetz
Re: Change viewable size on LCD monitor?
on Jan 7, 2008 at 4:32:10 am

I am trying to solve the same problem. Please let me know if you find a solution

Return to posts index

jimmy bee
Re: Change viewable size on LCD monitor?
on Jan 10, 2008 at 10:54:53 am

Yeah, I'm afraid you can't do it (at least not on the Dells)

I guess the answer is to make sure your LCD has anough resolution in the first place! I ended up putting the SDI output through our ARC, letterboxed the image and then sent that through the HDLink to the LCD. The result? The picutre looked sh*t!

Something else to consider - if you're using a HDLink to monitor something where you need instant response (like the GUI of a Lecagy Paintbox) then you will have to get used to there being a bit of lag on your cursor...and don't even think about 2x scaling it, because this doubles the problem!

It makes me wonder how effective it would be monitoring with it in a traditional sense and whether the audio would be in sync? I guess that's why they have phono audio monitoring outputs on the box. But they do sound a bit awful compared to coaxial straight from your video card.

Hey ho...comprommise is what it's all about at this end of the low

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]