FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sending Timecode From NLE to DigiBeta Deck

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
drgonzo2k2
Sending Timecode From NLE to DigiBeta Deck
on Oct 25, 2007 at 4:17:16 pm

Hey Gang,

I have some footage in our NLEs that I'm trying to playout to DigiBeta to send to some other facilities. One of the NLEs is a Canopus Edius station with the ADVC-1000. This unit has a dedicated timecode out, which is fed directly into the timecode in on one of the DigiBetas. I can export to tape from this system without striping the tape, and it lays down the timecode from the timeline.

The other NLE is using Premiere Pro with a Blackmagic Decklink Pro Card. This system does not have a dedicated timecode output, and it seems I cannot make the DigiBeta read timecode from either the remote cable or the SDI cable. This means that I have to first stripe the tape and then set my start time of export to match the start time of my time line. This doubles the amount of time it takes me to export from this machine.

Am I missing something, or is the only way to feed timecode to a DigiBeta deck directly through the timecode in port? Or, is it just that Canopus Edius outputs the timecode from the timeline but Premiere Pro does not? Any responses would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]