FORUMS: list search recent posts

Connectiing Multiple UVW-1800's

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joemac
Connectiing Multiple UVW-1800's
on Oct 24, 2007 at 3:41:57 am

i am using three uvw-1800 decks to capture separate feeds. I am trying to send the same audio feed to all three decks from one signal. Sould i use a signal splitter of some kind, or do the audio in's and out's make a loop during record mode so i can chain them together . . . any help would be great . . . thanks

joe

Return to posts index

Matte
Re: Connectiing Multiple UVW-1800's
on Oct 24, 2007 at 11:47:24 am

[joemac] "ld i use a signal splitter of some kind, or do the audio in's and out's make a loop during record mode so i can chain them together . . . any help would be great . . . thanks
"

As a general practice, do not "daisy-chain" audio feeds from one machine's output to another's input, and so-forth.

From what source are you feeding the audio?

If its a pro audio board, you should be able to feed all three machines just paralleled from the line output of the board.

Slide the "load" switch above each audio input on the decks to 600 ohms.

Most good, audio board's outputs will be robust enough to handle the multiple balanced loads with no distortion or other ill effects.

But, while the above will be OK in 90% of cases, the proper way to do this is...

Use an Audio Distribution Amplifier (ADA) that will provide an isolated feed to each of multiple machines from a single input. You want a pro model with balanced inputs and outputs.

Example-
http://www.tieline.com/Tieline_04/Prosolutions/ADA600.html

Google for "Audio Distribution Amplifier" for more.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Connectiing Multiple UVW-1800's
on Oct 30, 2007 at 9:33:59 pm

this is all excellent advice. If you purchase simple Audio DA's (Kramer makes balanced XLR audio DA's that are inexpensive, and work very well), you simply take your audio source (mixer, etc.) and go into the DA, and take each output, and feed one of your Beta VTR's. This same process applies to the video signal - you use a Video DA to feed your three machines.

Kramer is also sold under the name Ocean Matrix, or Comprehensive Video. Markertek is an excellent source for these products.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]