FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVCAM dub to UVW-1800

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MediaBLITZ
DVCAM dub to UVW-1800
on Oct 8, 2007 at 7:04:13 pm

I am mastering (FCP) on DVCAM with a DSR 1500. From there I need to put it out from the DSR1500 to a UVW-1800 so the station gets what it needs (BetaSP) for broadcast. I am running component and TC BNC from the 1500 to the 1800. I am getting the NO REF message. In a bit I will be able to get into some AJA, but for now this is how it is (according to the boss). What is the right way to handle the NO REF and what is the way around it?

Thank you.

Have a COW, man.

Return to posts index

Matte
Re: DVCAM dub to UVW-1800
on Oct 8, 2007 at 11:25:50 pm

Send the composite video ("regular" video) from the play deck into the record deck's "Reference" input.

Return to posts index

MediaBLITZ
on Oct 9, 2007 at 2:14:46 pm

You'd think that would do it, wouldn't you? This DSR 1500 doesn't have a composite out, but it has a REF OUT, which I have run to REF IN on the record deck (the UVW) and is resulting in the NO REF! ?????
Is it wanting a BB Generator?

Return to posts index

Matte
on Oct 9, 2007 at 2:33:01 pm

Try this- LOOP the GREEN component signal thru the Reference Input>output on the BetaCam deck.

Return to posts index

Digital Antics
on Oct 10, 2007 at 4:41:13 pm

There might be an external/internal ref switch in the menu of the DSR deck. I would scroll through the menu and see if there is something that is turned off. Good Luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]