FORUMS: list search recent posts

dv now what

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark joseph
dv now what
on Sep 14, 2007 at 8:25:57 pm

Hello I currently use a Canon XL2 DV camera for production I use Final Cut Studio 5 and After effects cs3... My next jump is to use film . forgive me for not really understanding alot about it what is a good camera to get the quality you see on national commercials and well done music videos...

Return to posts index

Matte
Re: dv now what
on Sep 14, 2007 at 11:54:11 pm

[mark joseph] "My next jump is to use film"

Let me suggest that maybe your NEXT jump might not be to film.
There are a lot of steps between DV and film.

Happy jumping!

Return to posts index

Mark Joseph
on Sep 15, 2007 at 4:31:14 pm

What direction would you reccomend just curious

Return to posts index

Marco Solorio
on Sep 15, 2007 at 4:39:43 pm

If you want to go in the film direction, you might want to start with getting a copy of the ACM... American Cinematographer's Manual. Some of what's contained in there are specifics on shooting film, a'la 24p. Shooting 24p is different than shooting the 60i you're used to with your Canon.

You should get your hands on a native 24p camera and start getting used to it. Then it's a matter of shooting SD or HD. The closer you want to get to film (i.e., the higher the latitude, DOF, etc.) the more costly the camera gear is going to be!

But I would absolutely learn on a 24p video camera first and not even touch a film camera. Once you become very comfortable with 24p, even then you may not want to plunge into the cost of shooting film with high-end HD and 2K looking so good!

Marco Solorio | CreativeCow Host | OneRiver Media | Codec Resource Site | Cinesoft | Media Batch

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]