PVW 2800 connected to FCP System

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcowcowcowcow
greg
PVW 2800 connected to FCP System
by
on Sep 6, 2007 at 6:35:42 pm

I have a PVW 2800 connected to my FCP editing system via a AJA OEM board. Using all component ins and outs of the deck to and from my edit system. I'm monitoring on a composite monitor using the composite output from the deck directly to the monitor. I have a black burst conected to ref in on the deck.

All looks good except that the image on my monitor is not showing me real screen safe. There's a little extra black at the top of the screen and it's cut off at the bottom. Someone told me to connect a BNC cable to the back of the deck and loop it, but I have no idea what they are talking about. Do I just need to terminate tomething in the back of the deck so my composite out signal will be correct? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Tom Meegan
Re: PVW 2800 connected to FCP System
on Sep 7, 2007 at 2:36:22 am

Connect reference in to the AJA card and your video monitor as well. Either loop it off the deck or take a second and third output from your black/burst generator.

Best,

Tom

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
Re: PVW 2800 connected to FCP System
on Sep 21, 2007 at 1:38:06 pm

Make sure that you have the same reference signal connected to the AJA board and the deck. You didn't mention which board you have installed, but I believe all the AJA boards will take external reference signals.
Also check menu item 701 on your PVW-2800. This is the setting telling the deck which reference to lock the internal TBC to. I believe I remember that it could shift your video vertically depending on which reference it is set to. If your getting a vertical shift, try setting the deck to the other choice in this menu and see what happens. I run this setting on by system in "sync" and the video is centered perfectly. Also make sure that you are not feeding an "advanced sync" signal to the deck by mistake. It will cause a vertical shift as well.
The looping reference referred to a way to center the video signal when your incoming video and your reference are different. Usually if you don't have a reference signal, you can simply loop your incoming video signal from the deck and into the reference input. This will cause the deck to reference lock to the incoming video and the TBC will center the video on the screen without any vertical shifting. You could try it and see what happens.
Again, make sure you also have a reference going to the AJA card and the deck and I'll bet that all will be well.
Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]