FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to set up a budget TV station

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
guinea fowl
how to set up a budget TV station
on Aug 15, 2007 at 7:50:26 pm

I'm lost: need to set up real budget broadcasting, coverage up to 100km radius. I receive programming via satellite (I have the decoder and will get its dish). I need the device(s) to place local advertising onto the satellite material. Also something that can automate it (programming is a block of 6 hours, repeated 4 times in a day). Further, need an STL and transmitter. Please give recommendations, ideas, advice. Also, if anyone has a good scheme to show what else I need, I'd appreciate. Oh, I'm in Africa

Return to posts index

Doug
Re: how to set up a budget TV station
by
on Aug 17, 2007 at 3:00:39 pm

The best thing I can think of to tell you is to find a local engineer or consultant to help you out. I

Return to posts index

Zoradin Afridi
on Oct 30, 2009 at 12:12:10 am

I need to set up real budget broadcasting, coverage up to 100km radius(it may extend in the future to satellite)right now I'm in Toronto,Canada.we want to cater local as well as international market. . I need the device(s) to place local advertising onto the satellite material. Also something that can automate it (programming is a block of 6 hours, repeated 4 times in a day). Further, need an STL and transmitter. Please give recommendations, ideas, advice. Also, if anyone has a good scheme to show what else I need, I'd appreciate. Oh, I'm in Africa

Return to posts index

Brian Phiri
on Mar 19, 2010 at 4:01:18 pm

I'm intending to get a TV Broadcasting station License and I would to know if someone can assist with an estimated budget for all requirements for a simple TV Station

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
Nada Andersen
on Mar 20, 2010 at 1:12:51 pm

We have done it in Uganda within USD 200,000 for the equipment; however having good people is very important. We weren't that lucky in the beginning, and I now have a very small but cost-efficient team. Took us almost two years to learn that people are more important than equipment. We bought ABE solid state digital ready 3KW transmitter and 16 panel omnidirectional antenna; STL; some studio equipment, basic DataVideo mixer and we do all on Mac. Come visit!

Nada Andersen, Kampala

Return to posts index

Brian Phiri
on Mar 22, 2010 at 10:56:07 am

Hi Andersen
Thank you very much for this information. I'm a Malawian and I've been in Kampala for six months and it looks like I'm going to learn more from you. Will you please send me your email address to sadyalunda@gmail.com?

Regards

Brian

Return to posts index

Grace Nabatanzie
on Jan 24, 2011 at 11:56:21 am

Hii i am a student and i was wondering if you had any tips on low budget equipment and resoursces i can use to set up a small local TV channel that will broadcast about an hour's material every week to start with. What equipment should i be looking into.Are there any legislations that i should be aware of? Your help will be much appriciated.

Return to posts index

Langford Muonga
on Nov 14, 2012 at 2:31:46 pm

hey forks help with budget for setting a digitalised payperview TV station to run 24 /7/

Return to posts index

abdi ali raghe
on Oct 3, 2013 at 7:37:22 am

Dear Nada,

I saw you 2010 post about having created a budget TV station in Uganda. I am trying to do the same in Kismayo, Somalia and would like to know if I can be in touch to learn from your experience?

Best,
Raghe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]