FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio tracks on BetaSP

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
twentydeuce
Audio tracks on BetaSP
on Aug 13, 2007 at 1:39:52 pm

I am trying to master a show to BetaSP and the network I am delivering to wants 4 split tracks of audio.

I am working with a KonaLH that only had the option of two audio outputs at a time. I laid back my video and first two tracks of audio and now have taken the xlr that was in the deck (A1 and A2) and put them into A3 and A4. I am using a Sony BVW-75.

On playing the sequence through the deck it registers audio on the third and fourth imputs but on edit to tape, I get nothing on tracks 3 and 4.

Is this some setting I have wrong or can BetaSP only record 2 audio tracks?

Thanks,
Mike

Return to posts index

AlexHuber69
Re: Audio tracks on BetaSP
on Aug 13, 2007 at 2:30:47 pm

BetaSP = 2 tracks, 1 (left) and 2 (right)

Return to posts index

drumrob
on Aug 13, 2007 at 4:25:18 pm

BetaSP certainly DOES have the ability to record 4 tracks. The UVW series of decks and the PVW series of recordable camera backs only record 2 tracks, but the higher end decks and the BVV5 back WILL record 4 tracks of audio.

I'm going from memory here, but I've used 75s and similar decks a lot. First, on the white buttons on the left side of the front panel, make sure to press audio 1 and 2 and they will light up. Then you will also have to select how the deck records the tracks. There is a switch that's on top of the front panel when you slide it out that says "AFM Input". Make sure it's set to 3/4. I think that's it, although it's possible you may have to flip some switch underneath the front panel when you flip it up. But I think all those switches are for time code and the like - the memory is failing me here. Then when you do your insert edit tracks 3 and 4 should record.

Hope this helps. Have fun!

Rob

Return to posts index

Charlie King
on Aug 14, 2007 at 5:03:24 pm

One thing to remember is that the AFM tracks can only be recorded while recording video, since the tracks are located on the drum not the audio stack.

Charlie

ProductionKing Video Services
Unmarked Door Productions
Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel
Las Vegas, Nevada

Return to posts index

drumrob
on Aug 14, 2007 at 5:28:14 pm

Good catch, Charlie!

Rob

Return to posts index