FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shooting in a dark room. Wet FIlm!

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
HowDoYouDoThat
Shooting in a dark room. Wet FIlm!
on Aug 9, 2007 at 11:41:48 pm

I have an upcoming shoot where i May need to shoot video in a film (wet) darkroom under red light or even no light.

Only two options I can think of is shooting with gains way up or consumer night vision. But night vision option probably won't work as infa-red may expose or interfere film being processed.

Any ideas out there?

Return to posts index

Evolution
Re: Shooting in a dark room. Wet FIlm!
on Aug 14, 2007 at 2:40:18 pm

I take it from your concern over affecting the unexposed film that this is a working dark room and not just a location for a contolled shoot. If that's the case then I'd ask the question of how much "red" light is acceptable and still safe for the film. If you can get several bulbs fired up perhaps the level would be good enough for mild or no gain.
What are you shooting on? We shoot most of our stuff in 30p (SDX900) , and I've had alot of success shooting 60i but with the super gain on. I get alot more light and maintain the 30p look. Matches very well.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 15, 2007 at 4:12:56 pm

Do you have to shoot the real film developing? Or can this shot be faked with pre-developed negative and paper? In which case, you can light any way you want. Instead of using just a red bulb, you could shoot in normal light and then play with the color channels in post, to get a "more real than real" look.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 15, 2007 at 4:13:40 pm

Do you have to shoot the real film developing? Or can this shot be faked with pre-developed negative and paper? In which case, you can light any way you want. Instead of using just a red bulb, you could shoot in normal light and then play with the color channels in post, to get a "more real than real" look.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]