FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting to AVI on an Apple

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Manimalle
Converting to AVI on an Apple
on Jul 19, 2007 at 8:25:35 am

Hi people,

Sorry if this isn't quite the right place to post this, but I'm a little bit stuck. I make motion graphics in After Effects (on a mac), and I have to convert this to AVI for it to be put on a broadcast tape. Quicktime Pro can handle the conversion, but switches my fields from upper first to lower first. Does anyone know of a program that doesn't mess up my fields when converting from uncompressed quicktime to uncompressed AVI?

thanks in advance,

regards,
Manimalle

Return to posts index

epontius
Re: Converting to AVI on an Apple
on Jul 24, 2007 at 3:02:24 am

Are you stuck with delivering an AVI?
AVI's can be tricky since an AVI is just a container and the contents can be extremely varied. If you are creating a DV AVI (which is compressed, and are usually lower field first). Uncompressed AVI can either but the file size can be unmanageably huge.
Check with your client (or whoever you are delivering this to) to find out if they can use a QT using the Animation codec which is a lossless codec that is cross platform.

Erik

Return to posts index

Manimalle
Re: Converting to AVI on an Apple
on Jul 29, 2007 at 5:23:50 pm

Hi Erik,

Thanks for the tip- I asked them to run a test with a Quicktime movie I gave them, and they didn't experience any problems. Additionally, they apparently don't have problems with field order, so thats a bonus!

regards,
Manimalle

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]