FORUMS: list search recent posts

PVW-2800 sync problem

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Le Coyote
PVW-2800 sync problem
on Jun 18, 2007 at 4:16:06 pm

I have a workflow where I master to Beta SP a 30 min show and at the same time I digitize a TC burn-in copy on another NLE to make a quicktime DV for the sound mix. The sound is later inserted on tape.

The problem I have is that the composite output of the PVW-2800 slowly drift out of sync. What's recorded on tape is correct when I later playback the tape, the problem is only there when the PVW is recording or when it's on EE.

Every decks and NLE are using a reference from a black burst generator. the other decks, (DSR-1500A and a DVW-M2000) doesn't have this problem.

Any idea?

Return to posts index

grinner
Re: PVW-2800 sync problem
on Jun 19, 2007 at 5:53:29 pm

feed it with the black burst generator.. the same one feeding the NLE.
You may find less probs with component too. The new Avids have a hard time with consumer decks and your NLE may be treaing it the same... as an asyncronous source.

Return to posts index

Le Coyote
on Jun 19, 2007 at 9:01:30 pm

Hello!

I think I wasn't clear. It's already being fed a reference. The problem is with the monitoring composite output while recording and only while recording. Even when checking with a monitor I can see the offset. The NLE (Xpress) sees the same. It's a vertical offset and it drifts very slowly, about one 1ine per minute.

It's very odd...

Return to posts index

grinner
on Jun 20, 2007 at 3:01:21 am

oh yeah.. the ole 1800 sync bar. It doesn't record this way... just shows as ya record.
You may have luck selecting consumer source in your capture tool.
( are ya digitizing from it and seeing it then?)

Return to posts index

Le Coyote
on Jun 26, 2007 at 1:34:34 am

So I can only conlcude that this is a design flaw of this deck. Or then it's broken. I realized that if the timecode characters are sync and not the picture, it's not a sync problem... the deck actually rolls the picture itself.

I'll have to stick to my actual workflow which requires to use a complex setup of looping through 3 decks in order to accomplish the job. oh well !

Return to posts index

Steve Kownacki
on Jul 27, 2007 at 5:54:14 pm

I have no experience with Xpress and not sure what signals you are using.

1) On your current setup ensure that your Xpress is using the external ref input and not an internal ref.

2) This will work - feed component or s-video to Beta and composite out of Xpress to the Ref in on the deck (ditch the BB gen). This will fix the roll issue. Send monitor out to the other nle.

We cannot do this with our FCP/AJA io setup because it doesn't provide simultaneous signals because it shares the cables and output is software selected. Works great on our old media100.

3) If you are feeding composite to the beta, feed it to the ref in first then loop it out to the video in - that will lock your picture. Monitor out to the other nle. If you don't have a loop jack, use a video DA to give you 2 composite signals.

4) You can firewire out of Xpress to a DV deck then take those composite & component signals to the beta deck. You would need BB fed to the DV and Beta for it to lock.

steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]