FORUMS: list search recent posts

anyone know of a software or hardware solution to scale down larger than HD frames to HD and play it out HD?

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin
anyone know of a software or hardware solution to scale down larger than HD frames to HD and play it out HD?
on May 31, 2007 at 10:40:02 am

Hope the subject says it all...and that this is the right forum to post it.

I am expecting a bunch of file sequences that are 1920x1600 and I need to resize (to fill) to 1920x1080 so I can play them out via my bluefish444 card or out of my blackmagic multibridge extreme card.

The solution I am hoping for is a software solution that will take the wierd file, resize it to 1920x1080 and play it out of the bluefish HD card (PC) or blackmagic card (MAC).

Otherwise does anyone know of a hardware card that might be able to take 'any' file size and play it out (resized to 1920x1080) to a broadcast monitor?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: anyone know of a software or hardware solution to scale down larger than HD frames to HD and play it out HD?
on May 31, 2007 at 1:34:29 pm

Do you care if the image gets distorted a bit? Because if you do, you simply can't do a re-size. Either way, this sounds like a job sor something like Adobe After Effects rather than a pricey piece of hardware.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV

Return to posts index

Justin
Re: anyone know of a software or hardware solution to scale down larger than HD frames to HD and play it out HD?
on Jun 1, 2007 at 3:06:03 pm

thx for the response.. I don't care about the distortion - just want to be able to play it out realtime instead of having to render etc...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 1, 2007 at 8:17:31 pm

Okay, if you have Adobe After Effects, that'll do the trick:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]