FORUMS: list search recent posts

Small AV Studio in Nepal needs advice

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bluestupa
Small AV Studio in Nepal needs advice
on May 19, 2007 at 2:42:10 am

Namaste, we are a small AV studio in Nepal but growing out of audio market into products for broadcast TV: PSAs and Music Videos. We only have prosumer DV cams (but a great Protools setup). We have been editing video for DVDs with much success, but now we have to do a series of PSA spots for TV and need advice:
* Can we use our DV Cams for footage?
* Can color correction for Broadcast be done with software like Synthetic Aperture inside Premiere PRO?
* Can software vector scopes be used, like Serious Magic DV Rack?
TV Stations here accept DV tape for broadcast although I am not sure what they have to do with after aquisition and before airtime. We can use all the advice that you have to offer!
BS
PS. no one is doing HD here yet, but they will soon, I'm sure. Also need info on developing video products for the Thai market as well, ie. what's going on there?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Small AV Studio in Nepal needs advice
on May 21, 2007 at 4:06:50 pm

[Bluestupa] "Can we use our DV Cams for footage?"

People in the United States do it all the time.

"Can color correction for Broadcast be done with software like Synthetic Aperture inside Premiere PRO?"

Yes.

[Bluestupa] "Can software vector scopes be used, like Serious Magic DV Rack?"

Remembering that hardware scopes are always best, if you can see the DV Rack scopes during the editing process, yes.

I would contact a local TV station for specifics on delivery of your spots -- you may be able to give than a data DVD, which they can ingest directly into their system. You may also want to double-check your scopes against theirs by playing back a tape on their machines. At the same time, you can check on the best practices for program and commercial delivery in the region.

I can't think of a single TV station that would not be glad that someone is trying to get the technical issues right the first time.

Don't assume that every TV station has exactly the same equipment -- they probably will not. You may have to make several inquiries.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]