FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camera Choice

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Myles Berman
Camera Choice
on May 10, 2007 at 11:57:15 pm

Greetings,

Well, I have to make a decision about purchasing another video camera. I presently have a Sony PD150 and have always used equipment by them. But now, with all the choices, the reviews, I am as confused as one can get. Do I buy used, new, do I stay with Sony or look at the new hard card technology or do I buy one of the hard drives to go along with the camera? I want to spend between $4 to $5 thousand. Can I get a good unit used? As far as what I shoot, its a combination of docs for broadcast, my first is coming out in June and a lot of commercial pieces for private clients. I am getting ready to go into production on an internet peice that needs to be shot in HD, so that part of the equation is done. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Myles Berman
http://www.oneofakindfilms.tv

Return to posts index

grinner
Re: Camera Choice
on May 12, 2007 at 12:56:53 am

If you are open to HDV, it's really hard to go wrong with Sony's FX1.
I have kicked the dog out of this camera for the last to years. It takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'. I even commit the capital sin of using it to playback everything recorded on it. It's more than worth the asking price...which is totally in yor budget.
It's amall enough to carry it o a plane.. even a puddle jumper if you stuff it in a dufflebag insead of a camera case. It's unoptrusive enough that you can walk up oa stranger for a sound bite and not get a deer in the headlights look. It's user friendly enough that youdon't have to always tote a light kit... it eats light like candy and you can store presets galore for all kinds of conditions, quickly pick your fav and tweek the iris a needed. I rely on this camera heavily and it makes me look good over and over again.
It gets two thumbs up from me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]