FORUMS: list search recent posts

which video monitor is right for me

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bmoneymedia
which video monitor is right for me
on May 10, 2007 at 9:11:21 pm

Hello, I am a video editor for a small advertising agency with a limited budget. We have one editing suit in which we double the use of my 15 year old Ikegami video monitor to use as a client spot review monitor as well. As you can probably guess, this monitor is nearing the end of it's life. I don't pretend to know much about much so feel free to give me any feedback at all. My queston is, does anyone have opinions about what I should invest in, that'll meet my needs and not bankrupt me. I like the Sony LMD232W, but I fear it might be a little pricey for me. I am looking for something that will be large enough for our clients to view from about 12 feet or so. My boss reccomend we just buy an LCD television monitor, but I'm not sure if I would be able set it up properly without a (Blue Only) feature. Unless, I can just unplug the other 2 component cables and be left with only blue. I don't think that's how it works though.
Basically I need something that has good color representation, can hold up under long editing sessions, has a fast enough refresh rate, and is going to be viewable at moderate angles. Any help is greatly apprciated.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: which video monitor is right for me
on May 10, 2007 at 10:16:59 pm

You don't say anything about working in High Definition, which could definitely change your plans.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV

Return to posts index

bbalser
on May 10, 2007 at 10:59:29 pm

I just did a proposal for a large expantion of a local very large institution. They've been using a Sony PVM 20M4U with the SDI card. We originally were going to go with the same monitor again, cause its pretty nice.

But they are moving into HD, and decided now was 17" the time to get an HD monitor. So now they're going with the Marshall V-R171P-AFHD SD/HD Production Monitor, with the VPLCD171HST01 VESA Mount Stand. It'll run off of their Blackmagic Design Multibridge Pro. Looks like a really nice SD/HD monitor.

Return to posts index

Bmoneymedia
on May 11, 2007 at 1:47:46 pm

SD.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]