FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question about controlling content on local education channel

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MISph1t
Question about controlling content on local education channel
on Apr 5, 2007 at 10:20:52 pm

Not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes anyway. I work for a public school system and we have a channel provided by our local cable company that we use to broadcast upcoming events and such for our district. Currently we are basically running a powerpoint slide show. We would like to be able to schedule video to run at predetermined times and then return to the slide show when it is done. Is there some sort of broadcast scheduling software that would run on a pc that could do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Doug
Re: Question about controlling content on local education channel
by
on Apr 6, 2007 at 4:14:25 pm

My company is currently in the process of replacing our automation system with one from Rushworks Media (rushworksmedia.com). I believe my boss found them at last year's NAB, might look for them to be there this year.

Doug

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 9, 2007 at 5:03:58 pm

There are a number of these solutions out there, some let you update remotely overnight thru an internet connection. Sony makes one system, Doremi is another, like Adtec Digital, and there are more, in various price points. Some are hardware and software integrated together, some are just software, like SCALA and others. But yes, they sort of work like a TIVO in reverse: from a drive storing all the programming and stills, they will play back from a preset schedule, and can loop in various combinations with different combinations each day if you wish. You can access their playlist and make updates for things like emergency weather schedule annuncements and the like, from anywhere with an internet connection.

Return to posts index

MISph1t
on Apr 9, 2007 at 7:39:38 pm

Thanks for the info.

Return to posts index

MISph1t
on Apr 9, 2007 at 7:40:49 pm

Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can find out more about them.

Return to posts index

mmfarms
on Apr 9, 2007 at 10:33:13 pm

You can also check out Keywest Technologies - http://www.keywesttechnology.com. Our local school channel uses one.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]