FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro HDCAM capture problem.

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gedits
Final Cut Pro HDCAM capture problem.
on Apr 5, 2007 at 3:26:43 pm

I'm new to capturing 10-bit uncompressed footage in Final Cut Pro. Usually, I work with DVCPRO HD P2 cards. I'm attempting to capture a 1080 59.54i HDCAM tape, into an AJA Kona 3 card, and into Final Cut Pro HD. The Kona 3 card control panel reads a 1080i 29.97 10-bit YUV signal coming in over HD-SDI. In Final Cut I set my sequence and capture presets for AJA Kona 3 1080i 29.97 10-bit. I'm not using a RS-422 control cable between the Kona card and Sony HDW-500 deck, so I have the capture set up for non-controlable device. The sinal coming into FCP's basic log and capture window looks smooth. When I hit capture now and the large capture window appears it's jerky (somewhat normal to capturing). I make the capture and play it back in my sequence and it is all jerky. It's jerky in the same spots every time, with audio very out of sync. The reference monitor off the deck shows a smooth in-sync image. However, the captured video to the computer is all messed up. I tried downconverting the footage after import and that was jerky also. At last resort I imported it at 8-bit and that was still jerky. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

quad core 2.5 GHz G5 4gig RAM / Final Cut Pro HD 5.1.4 / Capturing to XSERVE RAID / Aja Kona Card 3 / Sony HDW-500 HDCAM deck

Return to posts index

debe
Re: Final Cut Pro HDCAM capture problem.
by
on Apr 8, 2007 at 4:13:55 pm

You might get more traffic on this issue in the FCP forum

http://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_view_posts.cgi?forumid=8

debe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]