FORUMS: list search recent posts

Broadcast Audio??

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jaymac
Broadcast Audio??
on Mar 6, 2007 at 10:05:37 am

Hi guys,

I have been running a video production company in South Africa for just less than two years and recently received my first serious broadcast job. Being relatively new to the boradcast arena, and specifically useless at understanding audio in general, there are a few things I don't fully understand, and if someone could help me with them, I would greatly appreciate it. I have recieved the technical specification from the broadcaster, but don't completely understand the how to achieve the following audio specification.

"1) The sound levels on the recording should be in correct proportion to the line-up signals and maximum levels should not exceed -4dB."

I am using Premiere Pro. Is there a technical method to make sure the sound levels are in proportion to the line-up (I'm guessing this is the 1KHz tone and bars) signal, or does one just do this by ear? Also, how do I make sure that I don't exceed -4dB. Can I just set the gain at -4db on the final clip, or is there a more scientific method of doing this?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

cow
jaymac
Re: Broadcast Audio??
on Mar 6, 2007 at 8:35:50 pm

I probably should have looked into this a little bit more before just posting.

Perhaps someone can just verify what I have discovered. In Premiere, I need to open the audio mixer. Operations: Window > Audio Mixer.

Wham... everything I need is there!? Right?

Return to posts index

Charlie King
Re: Broadcast Audio??
on Mar 7, 2007 at 4:18:13 pm

You got it.

Charlie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]