FORUMS: list search recent posts

RS-422 patch panel suggestions?

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Larson
RS-422 patch panel suggestions?
on Mar 1, 2007 at 9:45:49 pm

I'm looking for a new solution for RS-422 patching. Right now, I've got a 1RU row of female 9-pin connectors and I use a small 9-pin cable to do the patching. The problem is, the 9-pin cable doesn't stay in place with out tightening the screws on each side.

I've seen some patch bays with a thick plug connector, but I don't know what it is called. Another option I've heard of is using ethernet-type jacks.

Thanks-

Return to posts index

JerryZ@BH
Re: RS-422 patch panel suggestions?
on Mar 1, 2007 at 10:24:21 pm

How about a switcher? Just keep them all plugged in and push a button to re-route.

Return to posts index

Frank Otto
on Mar 2, 2007 at 1:41:36 pm

If your machines can talk to each other via cat9/ethernet then there's a variety of patch bays, cables et. al. out there in the I.T world.

Another option is a matrix switch - number of inputs - number of outputs in a crosspoint configuration.

You don't mention how many in/out you have and if more than one is used at a time...

Cheers,

Frank Otto

"Design is a process by which you create something for a client who has no idea of what they want until they see your design - then they know what they want, but your design isn't it."

Return to posts index

Boyce Johnson
on Mar 2, 2007 at 7:30:30 pm

I've got a Beck SCP-10 RS-422 patch bay. It uses RJ45 connectors. It takes up 2 RU and it works well. I've also got a Beck SCR-4x8 RS-422 router. It only occupies 1 RU and it's great. I've also used inexpensive switches from TecNec (Markertek).

Return to posts index

DSmall
on May 7, 2007 at 6:02:00 pm

Boyce, Ive searched around the internet for info on that Beck SCP-10 and havent turned up anything. Does it go by a different name? Do you have any other info?
Thanks
Dan

Return to posts index

Ed Moore
on Aug 21, 2007 at 8:30:54 pm

Hi Matt,

We have 5 suites which have run merrily for many years using an RJ45 patch. Not sure the exact pinout of the cabling but suspect it's pretty simple. Any old RJ45 patch will do and they're dirt cheap - result!

Good luck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]