FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Anycast USB & HD recognition

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Chinn
Sony Anycast USB & HD recognition
on Feb 22, 2007 at 6:34:29 pm

Wasn't sure where to ask this question, and thought this might be the best place. If I'm wrong, feel free to tell me where to go... ;)

I'm working with a Sony Anycast switcher (its the clients, and they don't know anything about it). I'm trying to copy logo and graphics files over to the internal hard drive, but the unit will not recognize 2 different USB flash drives or a firewire hard drive that I've plugged into it.

When I try to format the USB flash drives, it just tells me to put one in, even though it is already there.

As for the firewire hd, I'm thinking the problem may be because I am using a bus powered hard drive that may not be compatible. I tried checking at the Sony website that the manual states has that info, but could not find any specs regarding the use of external hard drives.

Any help or step in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Sony Anycast USB & HD recognition
on Feb 22, 2007 at 9:49:08 pm

[Rob Chinn] "...the unit will not recognize 2 different USB flash drives or a firewire hard drive that I've plugged into it..."

These wouldn't be drives that are typically used in Macs rather than Windows boxes, would they?

I know that my Mac box at work won't recognize my Windows mp3 player, and my Windows box at home wants to format Zip disks formatted on my Mac box at work.

Consider this a shot in the dark.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV

Return to posts index

revel77
on Mar 2, 2007 at 6:42:44 pm

The operating system of the Anycast is Linux & the drive format is fs3.

Format the USB drive & the hard-drive using Anycast internal file manager.

Unfortunately the only officially supported hard drives are the Maxtor One touch III. I believe they've just added another couple of drives & these are Maxtor too.

To see these files on a pc afterwards you'll need to use a utility like Paragon Ext2FS Anywhere.

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

michael muller
on Dec 11, 2011 at 5:54:25 pm

I have the Anycast Station and am having a very hard time retrieving an AVI file from the HDD1. When I go to Filemanager > Rename I see the files listed, but there doesn't seem to be any way for me to play them back. Any advice?

Also would love to be able to simply pull this file off onto my Mac, but the drive refuses to mount, or even show up.

I'm also trying to open some PDFs that Sony has on their website and am not having any luck with that.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]