FORUMS: list search recent posts

Super Bowl ads -- Bad audio???

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Brown
Super Bowl ads -- Bad audio???
on Feb 6, 2007 at 3:43:51 am

Hey Everyone,

I've talked to others in my market (Indianapolis)...and we all experienced bad audio during the commercial breaks. The game audio was fine, but on select national spots...there were *missing* channels of audio. I was watching it over the air...so I know it wasn't a cable system problem or anything.

I called our local CBS affiliate, and their Master Control noted that it was coming from the network that way.

Did anyone else experience this? Is CBS going to have to make good on these ads? I can't find any info online about this...it seems to me that this would be a huge story.

-Jason

Return to posts index

Matte
Re: Super Bowl ads -- Bad audio???
on Feb 6, 2007 at 4:39:23 pm

I Tivo'ed the game.
I'll have to check the Playback.

Return to posts index

Matte
Re: Super Bowl ads -- Bad audio???
on Feb 11, 2007 at 3:23:26 pm

I just finished slogging (hip-deep) through the abysmal commercials as-played from my Tivo recording of the Super Bowl.

I found no audio problems here in the Kansas City (KCTV) market, so it was not coming from the network incorrectly.

Don't know why you heard problems where you were watching.

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
Re: Super Bowl ads -- Bad audio??? HDTV signal only
on Feb 17, 2007 at 2:23:02 am

Thanks for checking...I've done a bit of research, and found that it seems to only have been a problem in the High-def signal (from national CBS, not local). But there's no way to verify...considering you can't record HD.

It still seems like this is a HUGE story, considering I know several people in our local market (Indianapolis) that went out and specifically bought HD sets for the *big game*.

I'm just curious if CBS had to make huge refunds or "make-goods" for the national advertisers, considering half of their spots didn't have correct audio.

-Jason

P.S. I know it's a week late...but I've been out of the country on vacation.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]