FORUMS: list search recent posts

Broadcast/Cable formatting...

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim
Broadcast/Cable formatting...
by
on Jan 24, 2007 at 1:34:38 am

I am in the process of putting together a HD acquired documentary and was wondering if someone could point me to or send me a copy of a show format that say History Channel or Discovery Channel would expect an hour long or better yet...a 12+ show series should follow...ie commercial breaks...actual runtimes...promotime for the next episode...etc.

This is my first real foray into the documentary world and would love to "get it right" as much as I can before submitting the idea to the various avenues of distribution.

I would also welcome any ideas on how to submit the pilot/demo and get distribution. A complete show is the best way...or just a short demo? Any contacts would be great, as well.

Thanks so much,

Tim Baker
Chameleon Mobile Video Productions
(239)849-3295
"It is not the light at the end of the tunnel that we should seek...it is the courage to take the next step in the dark that we must find."

Return to posts index

JerryZ@BH
Re: Broadcast/Cable formatting...
on Jan 25, 2007 at 2:30:56 pm

I'm not sure about format timing but I do know that Discovery communications is very picky regarding what material they will accept. I believe that lowest end HD they will accept is XDCAM HD. If you plan on delivering to them I'd put in a call to make sure you are going to provide the right stuff for their demands.

jerryz@bhphotovideo.com

Return to posts index

JerryZ@BH
Re: Broadcast/Cable formatting...
on Feb 13, 2007 at 10:37:15 pm

Thanks! That anwers a lot of questions.

jerryz@bhphotovideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]