FORUMS: list search recent posts

Upgrading Edit Suite

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danny Jenkins
Upgrading Edit Suite
on Dec 20, 2006 at 11:53:04 pm

Hi everyone, first post, and I look forward to my stay here!

I'm employed by a media production company and I really want to push the upgrade to a new system.

Our current specs are:

Mac Dual 1.25Ghz Power PC G4, 1GB ram, OS X 10.3.9
Media 100i with Boris Graffitti
Adobe After Effects 6.5
Sony SP betacam deck UVW1800P

Now I really want to move on to Final Cut Pro, but my boss wants to look at upgrading media 100. What are the advantages of both? I am familiar with Adobe Premiere Pro and have a little Final Cut Pro experience if this helps.

Help me bring this business out of the stone age!

Return to posts index

Greg
Re: Upgrading Edit Suite
by
on Dec 21, 2006 at 2:52:21 am

I just put together a Media 100 HDe system and a FCP system on a Mac G5 Quad with drives. If you're familiar with Media 100, the HDe is perfect for you. By adding FCP to the other drive, you have 2 systems in one, uncompressed video that looks great!

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
Re: Upgrading Edit Suite
on Jan 13, 2007 at 10:52:06 pm

Hi Danny,

Like Greg says, probably the best system for you would be a hybrid Media 100/FCP system.

The new Media 100's utilise the same core hardware as FCP (AJA Kona) and offer many of the same headline benefits (HD, SD, realtime, scalable etc) You just choose the interface that best suits the job in hand. You end up with one suite, one set of monitoring equipment & decks, but the power of both editing systems

The added advantage of this approach (especially for your boss) is that you don't need to convert or remake all those legacy projects that clients always seem to want to make little changes to. The savings in time & money for that alone will justify the additional cost of creating a hybrid system.

You can also utilise your existing Media 100 kit as a digitising station or off-line edit suite, thus maximising your initial investment.

If you want further info on the new media 100's or how to set the hybrid systems up, please feel free to join us over at the cow media 100 forum

K

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]