FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reference Video

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg
Reference Video
by
on Dec 4, 2006 at 12:38:21 am

I'm trying to see video coming out of my AJA card from a Media 100Hde system. Right now I have it coming out component from the AJA into a Beta SP PVW 2800.

When digitizing, I see a black bar across the middle of the screen. Is there a way to lock the signal so I lose that black bar? How do I use the reference inputs/outputs on the PVW 2800? I have a horita black burst generator. Do I hook that up? If so what do I connect it to?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Peterd
Re: Reference Video
on Dec 4, 2006 at 6:24:13 pm

You may have to. One thing to check is if video being recorded on the Beta deck actually has that black bar in playback. It's common for the deck and kona to be in sync but the monitor be out of sync.

That being said if you have the option of using reference there's no harm in doing so. Basically you plug power into the Horita. Then plug the ref bnc form the Kona into one of the ports on the back of Horita. Then run another bnc from another port on the Horita to the Ref in port on the deck. Also be sure to set the kona card to use ref in in the control panel. Keep in mind that since the monitor won't be plugged into that sync signal it may still drift when monitoring the deck.

Return to posts index

Thax
Re: Reference Video
by
on Dec 12, 2006 at 5:41:28 pm

You can also feed the video source into the "Reference" input on the deck and it will lock to it.

Return to posts index

Greg
Re: Thax Reference Video
by
on Dec 12, 2006 at 8:44:26 pm

Not sure I follow you here? Which video source are you speaking about?

Return to posts index

Thax
by
on Dec 13, 2006 at 12:10:39 pm

The video source you are currently recording can symultaneously be sent into the Ref. input on the record deck and the record deck will "lock" to it.

Reference is simply a constant video source (in most cases its "black" but it does not HAVE to be black) so you can choose use any video playback signal as a "sync reference."

I do this frequently when I need to record an "odd" video source like a (ugh) VHS deck.

It may still "roll down" on the monitor, but it will allow a clean "edit" from a non-gen-locked source.

Return to posts index

Greg
by
on Dec 16, 2006 at 2:35:42 am

Hi Thax,

What I REALLY need to do is avoid the black bar om my client monitor. So far I've tries sending black from a BSG-50 to the reference input of the PVW 2800. till has the same issue, ut by constantly turning the BSG-50 off and on the picture works fine, for a while. I've tried sending black from the BSG into my AJA junction box and back out to the monitor reference...Still the same problem. Any thoughts on how to stabilize the picture in my monitor?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Thax
by
on Dec 16, 2006 at 3:52:32 pm

Don't use the output from a deck as a client monitor.

Route the output from your video card to a client monitor.

Return to posts index

Greg
by
on Dec 16, 2006 at 7:56:01 pm

The only way to do that would be to come out of the y out of the card to the monitor and loop from the monitor to the deck so I can record to tape. I would think that this would hurt my video signal coming back to the deck...wouldn't it?

Return to posts index

Thax
by
on Dec 17, 2006 at 4:30:47 am

If the monitor has a bridged input / output (pro monitors do), the signal will be fine.

Another solution is using a video DA that takes one input and gives you multiple outputs (as you said, you can NOT use a "Y-adapter" on video and maintqain quality).

Your questions are a bit basic, and that's OK... but I suggest that you find a local engineer-type in your area to help get you set up right.

Return to posts index

Greg
by
on Dec 20, 2006 at 10:30:21 pm

Thax, first thanks for your help and patience. Thought you'd like to know that I solved the problem. I needed to set the reference in on my NLE system. That did it.

Thanks again, and happy holidays

Return to posts index

Thax
by
on Dec 21, 2006 at 1:14:28 am

Very cool!

Happy holidays right back at ya!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]