FORUMS: list search recent posts

Used Sony PVM-1354Q problem

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jjordache
Used Sony PVM-1354Q problem
on Nov 23, 2006 at 4:37:20 am

Not sure this is the best forum to post this, but looks the closest match to what I want to ask

Return to posts index

glenn chan
Re: Used Sony PVM-1354Q problem
on Nov 25, 2006 at 2:58:17 am

The I and Q bars are not important, since (virtually) nobody uses YIQ encoding anymore.

Calibration info (this calibrates the interface; it does not calibrate other aspects of the monitor):
http://videouniversity.com/tvbars2.htm

Try:
Take a color image and de-saturate it completely in Ppro. Does this image appear perfectly black and white on the monitor? (Without color casts.) You can try using the color corrector to introduce color casts to train yourself so you know what to look for.

Also try:
With the B&W image, try calibrating the gain and bias settings under "user color" and "Color temp/bal".

2- Used monitors can be sketchy if they have image flaws. Some flaws are not worth fixing (just get a new monitor), and some flaws can't be fixed (overused phosphors cause color casts). Returning the monitor may be the best bet?

Return to posts index

jjordache
on Nov 25, 2006 at 8:39:16 pm

Thanks for the input Glenn!

[glenn chan] "Calibration info (this calibrates the interface; it does not calibrate other aspects of the monitor):
http://videouniversity.com/tvbars2.htm

That

Return to posts index

sbrand
on May 2, 2007 at 2:19:41 pm

Never, ever buy a used monitor. Colors go out of wack with age.
I would have recommended that you buy a new version of the Sony.
Years ago, we compared it with other monitors and there was a radical difference.
The sony monitors are the industry standard in broadcast. Mine is 12 years old.
The investment was worth it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]