FORUMS: list search recent posts

Red digital

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vincent Becquiot
Red digital
on Nov 3, 2006 at 6:50:04 pm

I have heard quite a bit of hype over the new Red cameras (http://red.com/) and was wondering if anyone had actually had their hands on one of them and could share some thoughts?

Vince

Return to posts index

Bobby Walker II
Re: Red digital
on Nov 5, 2006 at 12:40:49 am

Hey Vincent,

From what I understand, RED is still a prototype at this point, though they are anticipating and early 2007 release...at the price point will be very hard to beat...if it lives up to the hype (which personally I think it will)

For more information go to red.com, where they have the latest info as well as footage actually shot using the new CMOS chip they've developed.

hth

bobby walker ii
broadcast video COW

G5 2.5GHZ DP,2.5 RAM, AJA IO LA, Medea G-Raid,FCP HD

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 6, 2006 at 4:28:28 pm

Y'know, Bobby, I agree with a lot of what you say.... pretty much all of it, in fact.

I'd just LOVE for someone other than Sony, Panasonic and Canon to introduce a camera that truly kicks butt and takes names. I'm sick of being saddled with lame video formats foisted on us from On High by the Big Boys. I'm sick of those formats being paired with cameras whose introductory models are reasonably-priced... but can't really do what you need until you're shelling out the big bucks. Maybe Red would be just the thing to shake things up. I hope it happens.

There's just one thing that makes me gun-shy: Red still hasn't happened. So I regretfully remain a skeptic.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV

Return to posts index

kelseyroth
on Jan 24, 2007 at 9:25:33 pm

I'm curious about this as well. I'm always a little skeptical of the footage released by the company (I doubt they would put some garbage on their web site to promote it, so of course it looks great) so I'd love to see a review of this when it comes out. Also, is it only going to be available from their web site or will they release it through other retail vendors?

I'm wondering too, it doesn't look like it comes with any kind of tape recording option, only their flash memory or hard-disk format, or HD-SDI. Does this mean you'll have to carry around a portable drive or deck?

Anyways, the apparent quality and price-point certainly has my interest.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]