FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camera Comparisons for new studio

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
SHMedia
Camera Comparisons for new studio
on Oct 30, 2006 at 8:56:40 pm

Hello,
I have been tasked to select and present cameras to purchase for a studio set up. I am not necessarily looking for "studio" cameras but am wanting the quality (as the cameras will not always be used in the studio.) I will be shooting on a green screen and producing a weekly 30 min. broadcast with this footage using FCP. I have been looking at the Sony DXC-50, that is what our broadcast is currently being shot with so I know the quality first hand. I am also looking at the SONY DSR-450. Does anybody know if there is a real difference in quality? Or do you know any other cameras that can produce excellent quality that is a little less expensive. Thanks!

SHMEDIA

Return to posts index

glenn chan
Re: Camera Comparisons for new studio
on Nov 3, 2006 at 9:07:02 pm

You might want to look at the Canon XL-H1. Take the HD-SDI out off that and record uncompressed video onto something like a Final Cut system. The 4:2:2 chroma sampling (if using the HD-SDI out) and no compression (other than 4:2:2 instead of 4:4:4) means you should be able to easily pull keys off it. That being said, you can still pull decent keys off lower formats+equipment if you light it right.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]