FORUMS: list search recent posts

GOOD ROYALTY FREE MUSIC SITE?

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
scalvidgal
GOOD ROYALTY FREE MUSIC SITE?
on Oct 30, 2006 at 3:08:27 am

Hi everyone...

I'm new to the Broadcast world. We are producing a 1/2 hr. show that will be run on a public access by our local cable company. I'm looking for good quality royalty free music that is not too expensive. My favorite is firscom, because it's very contemporary, but their licensing seems very complicated and expensive. On the other hand, I do own some Smartound loops (and the software). This is relatively cheap, but most of the selections are cheesy - and SOUND royalty free. Yes, I could make my own using soundtrack pro, but I don't have time to learn it. The music will be used under commercials, feature news stories, as well as an opening and credits. Any thoughts? Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Del Holford
Re: GOOD ROYALTY FREE MUSIC SITE?
on Oct 30, 2006 at 8:33:12 pm

You might also try Studio Cutz. They have a wide variety of music and the prices aren't bad. We have used their music for a couple years now, albeit sparingly. We also use SmartSound and have purchased many of their available disks. We have used it for promos, features for longer programs and for underscores on documentaries. We don't find it cheesy because we choose from a wide variety of their music before we decide. We also have Digital Juice' BackTraxx. This music can be cheesy or too electronic so we are very careful when we make a selection from it. 615 Music in Nashville also has a wide selection of music on a 3 year term buyout. It is a little more expensive but they do national work so they can ask more. I think Killer Tracks also has a selection of royalty free music in their libraries. HTH

Del
fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS2
Charlotte Public Television

Return to posts index

scalvidgal
on Nov 1, 2006 at 2:09:27 am

Thanks! I'll check out these options. :)

Return to posts index

Craig Burnett
on Nov 18, 2006 at 11:25:16 pm

I've used http://www.freeplaymusic.com Easy to search, great rates.

Return to posts index

Prankie
on Feb 28, 2007 at 10:23:46 am

I am into indie movie producing and so far am i extremely satisfied with this website.
http://www.opuzz.com

Very large array of music to choose from for various type of projects,and now if u are really serious u can even buy a hard disk full with music from this site.Oh yeah,the music is also available at very affordable prices.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]